Friday 22 April 2016

S - Superstitious

Though we live in 21 century, still our mind is engulfed with superstitious beliefs. Superstitious beliefs pass from one generation to other. My grandparents beliefs were passed to my parents tried their best to pass it to their children as per the traditions. Some of them which I remember goes on like this.

1) Not to cut nails after dark and on Tuesdays and Fridays, apparently goddess lakshmi will get angry.

2) Not to lend money to people on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, oops goddess Lakshmi will get angry again.

3) Buy salt first with your salary every month and then spend it, this somehow pleases goddess Lakshmi and she ensure that we have enough money till month end. Now I know why we were never short of salt at home.

4) If you want to stop rain, place a mortar and pestle on the terrace of your house. I heard this from my MIL. Really , funny not sure if it works :P

5) Sneezing is considered to be bad luck.

List goes on and these superstitious beliefs still linger on our minds.

1 comment:

  1. I think many of us logically accept the concept of God first and then many superstitions even though they do not appear logical to us. Some of us ignore some.
    A to Z participant Narayana Rao Zero-Based Productivity Management

    ReplyDelete